In order to configure puppet agent on Application Nodes, follow the below steps:
- 1.Install the Puppet agent package (puppet) on all Application Nodes.
sudo apt-get install puppet
- 2.Get the puppet master IP from DevOps management console.
- 3.Get the puppet master’s Hostname where Puppet master’s hostname is like “DevOpsSetupname-puppet”.
- For example: If DevOps Setup name is “SampleDevOps” , then puppet hostname will be “SampleDevOps-puppet”.
- 4.Open /etc/hosts file on Application Node and make an hostname entry for puppet server with IP as shown below:
where xxx.xyz.xyx.xx is the IP of the puppet master and puppetServerName is the hostname of puppet Server.
- 5.Open /etc/default/puppet file on Application Node and make “START = yes”.
# Start puppet on boot?
- 6.Start the puppet agent and make sure it is running.
root@AgentNode:~# /etc/init.d/puppet start
* Starting puppet agent [ OK ]
- 7.Execute the following command to request a certificate.
puppetd --server puppetmasterhostname --waitforcert 60 --test
- 8.Sign the application nodes from the puppet master server on DevOps Management console. Provide the puppet agent “Host Name” and “IP” and click on Submit.