In order to configure chef workstation, follow the below steps :
- 1.Download Chef Starter Kit
- Get the Chef Server IP from DevOps Management console and launch chef from browser.
- Sign up with Chef and fill all the mandatory fields.
- Click on “Create New Organization” to create an organization.
- Provide Organization “Full Name” and “Short Name”.
- Click on “Create Organization” .
- Once the organization has been created, click on “Download Starter Kit” .
- 2.Setup Chef Workstation
- Install Chef Development Kit on your workstation.
- Extract the chef starter kit (downloaded in step 1) and place it on chef workstation.
- Fetch the chef server certificate on to the workstation by running the below command from /chef-repo/ directory extracted in last step.
knife ssl fetch